Monday, November 7, 2011

My Name is " I AM"

My mother had this poem(A3 size) & framed, and hanging on our wall.

She used it as reference continuously ,and it has helped me tremendously in life. It stopped arguments about past events,or that fight you had with your brother/sister yesterday. It stopped sulking. It stopped anxiety.

We were in No Way allowed to carry today's fights and problems or whatever in to tomorrow.

No sympathy seeking here-it is what it is. Life hasn't been easy for me,(like many of you I'm sure)
but this poem,has helped me to release myself from past hurts,to forgive someone and NOT carry the offence,
and to walk in my Today(whether they acknowledge their wrong treatment of me or not...)

We all have struggles with our past from people who have hurt us,or disappointed us,or something we ourself did,or our fears for what is to come,based on our past "patterns" or what we see in the News,and media etc....
but TODAY I want to give you a seed.... I hope you will print this poem.......
plant this seed in your heart,and will from time to time read or make reference to it.


It may be familiar to some of you,to others Not Yet.


Much Love
Your B.I.C.
CR.E.E.D.

My Name is "I AM" Poem
by Helen Mallicoat

I was regretting the past
And fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:

“My name is I Am.” He paused.
I waited. He continued,
When you live in the past
With its mistakes and regrets,
It is hard. I am not there,
My name is not I WAS”.

When you live in the future
With its problems and fears,
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WILL BE.

When you live in this moment,
It is not hard. I am here.
My name is I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment